GemCraft Chasing Shadows GemCraft Chasing Shadows

I used to love the previous GemCraft games, so i was quite excited when I saw there was a new one. And it doesn't disappoint: New features enhance the game experience and previously successful features were kept. The game satisfies on all avenues: Mechanics, narrative, progression, visuals, audio, overall design and concept - you name it. GemCraft Chasing Shadows is certainly a worthy successor for this series, and also my personal Tower Defense favorite right next to Bloons Tower Defense.

With the amount of time i have already played this game I couldn't possibly give it any less than 5 stars. The only less-than-optimal things I can think of are: A) That every now and then, there is a lot of text on the screen. Going through the tutorial or opening the options for the first time can be slightly disorienting with so much information stuffed into tiny spaces. And B) I would've liked an in-game help summary of all the keyboard shortcuts. I am all over those, but with so many of them, most shortcuts were forgotten rather quickly. I would've liked an in-game cheat sheet for this, maybe a seperate tab in the options somewhere.

$(NAKE) $(NAKE)

I like it for what it is - that is a plain copy of the old snake. The game works well, but isn't entirely too creative. You could also put some more work into making it look prettier by making a start menu, a game over screen, a leaderboard, using better visuals, that sort of thing

InfinityGames responds:

Thank you for your feedback!

PingPong PingPong

Just made a Pong clone myself. This one isn't half bad but could use improvement. Too many fonts and different designs for my taste. The field is small and the ball is very fast - having the ball increase speed over time would be better IMHO. Also, getting the ball to change angle when hitting the paddle at either end doesn't always work.Sometimes the ball stops moving in the middle of the field for no reason. And the flash ad you seem to have built in after a match crashed the game for me before it even loaded.

The Absolute The Absolute

Not a fan. I can't tell when I've clicked the right or wrong thing, and onscreen messages are worded rather confusingly, and I can't distinguish between the different levels. Seems like one single very short level with poor instructions to me.

blinkycomix responds:

There are 2 levels. One- you've gotten the girl monster out of the way. And the other congratulations! (You've reach the final level.)

Anime Clicker Anime Clicker

Interesting - I was gonna give this a lower score but had to consider that it actually kept me playing for a few minutes before I stopped. Autoattack dmg should increase faster IMHO but other than that cool idea

BlueBunny Beta BlueBunny Beta

Not a fan. The resolution is not right, the game doesn't show fully. Jumping off the left side doesn't restart, you just keep falling. The 'blue bunny' doesn't show unless the player is moving, the colours and the particle effect seem out of place. Definitely still needs work!

DigTheMighty responds:

It's a beta game, also I fixed the sprites, and I'm working on the restart script as well. And you need to make it fullscreen to see the GUI.

Deception Entertainament System Deception Entertainament System

Cool idea. Could use a little more work every here and there but overall not too bad

The My Little Pony Quiz The My Little Pony Quiz

I like it. The questions are sometimes tricky and confusing (which is the whole point I am guessing), but the game play is fast, so having to restart doesn't feel too bad. Maybe checkpoints every 15 questions would be a nice touch so one doesn't have to give an answer to questions that have already been answered 20 times.

JD-Brony responds:

Actually, I'm still thinking on how to even apply checkpoints to the game. If I don't know how, or don't want to, then no checkpoints for the quiz, then.

Slap'Em Happy Slap'Em Happy

Works well but isn't entirely too creative

lowt3k responds:

Thanks for the feedback FishtailGames.

For my first game I followed the KISS principle. In future versions of Slap'Em Happy I will look at adding more creative gameplay.

Walk The Plank Walk The Plank

As far as physics based puzzlers go, I like it. I would have liked a short introduction - it took me a minute to find that the brown circles are barrels to be thrown with the mouse. The puzzles are relatively simple, but the game is still entertaining to play for a few minutes! Good work